Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beijing

Our trip ended with a five day stay in Beijing which was a blast.  We visited the Forbidden City which was the Emperor’s pad--it was huge!  I could not believe how big the city was. We visited the Summer Palace which was the summer home for those who were sick of the Forbidden City.  It is the ultimate summer home. The emperors knew what was going on.  I was able to meet up with my Uncle Steve one night for dinner with my friend Wen Xun and a few of his current and former law students.  Steve’s students obviously have a lot of respect for him and love him as a teacher; it was really cool to see some of the people that he has been able to influence here.  A few days later, I met up with Steve again and we walked around some of the alleys around his place and had lunch.  It has been really great to see be in China and spend time with family.


Summer Palace    

Forbidden City


Steve, Moi, Wen Xun
Uncle Steve, Yours Truly

No comments: