Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ten Day Trip Intro

On October 16, my classmates and I left Nanjing to spend 10 days traveling around various parts of China.  While traveling we spent a total of three nights on sleeper trains which believe me is an adventure.  My favorite part about the sleeper trains is waking up at 6:30 in the morning to bright lights, the blaring radio overhead, and people speaking in their normal tone of voice which would be loud enough to hear perfectly well if you were at Autzen Stadium and 59,000 were watching highlights of Dennis Dixon on Duckvision (the jumbotron video screen.) Wow I really miss Dennis Dixon and Oregon Football...  In all seriousness, I actually did sleep pretty well on the trains and have fun memories of being with my classmates and making friends with our fellow Chinese travelers.  SInce we were gone for 10 days and I took over 400 pictures, I’ll split these next few entries up and try to explain a bit what we saw.

No comments: